Followers

Monday 6 October 2014

Consumerism Gone Mad

Yes, it's me again. Not satisfied with spending out on a bunch of painted RSM95s (see previous post), I've just bought 'Marshall Saxe in his Coach' from Crann Tara Miniatures.

Now why would that be? Well, I've always fancied the idea of having a SYW army commander in a coach - it just seemed like a pretty cool idea. But the appropriate model never really came up, until I spotted this delightful sculpt on the Der Alte Fritz Journal. Now it's available from Crann Tara for around £20 plus postage. Of course, Marshall de Saxe never fought in the SYW, but why let that stop me? The figure in the coach can become any fictional general I choose, and I can paint him in any uniform I like. At the moment I'm considering making him Swiss, with a nice red coat, and available to command any army for the highest bidder.

As you'd expect, the model is of very high quality. The kit of parts that you receive needs just about no cleaning up.

The kit seems a little daunting at first, but actually goes together 
easily once you check out a photo of the completed coach. 
And so, a quick evening's work and I had a great model ready.
Believe that and you'll believe anything.
This is the beautifully finished model in a photo courtesy Jim Purky and Crann Tara Miniatures.

I have plenty of wargaming jobs outstanding at the moment - a bit of painting, a review of Neil Thomas' One Hour Wargames to put together for the blog, plus playtesting of Honours of War. When this coach will finally see action I'm not sure. But such a tempting model won't stay on the workbench for too long, I think.

3 comments:

Archduke Piccolo said...

The finished article looks great!

There is something special about a command in a coach, eh. I acquired last year a Minifigs Napoleonic one that I refurbished into something that looks the part. I think the commander is supposed to be the Duke of Wellington, but I have an idea that General the Earl of Whitbread, Feldmarschall Graf von Carlsberg, or Marshal Dubonnet might be more likely passengers...

Steve J. said...

That should look wonderful when painted up Keith.

Graham C said...

Keith,
Glad you like it. I shall flag your blog now and watch with interest.
Graham